About the Committee:
The Jewish War Veterans (JWV) National Vietnam Veterans Committee is the most-active committee in our national organization. The committee in recent years has published a book and has created a museum exhibit. And since 2003, the committee has hosted the Vietnam Veterans Night Out, a social event at the National Convention. Three of the last five chairs of this committee (David Magidson, Robert Pickard and Barry Schneider) went on to become JWV National Commander.
- The Jewish War Veterans (JWV) National Vietnam Veterans Committee, with both the completion of the first edition of our publication – Jewish Americans in Military Service during Vietnam – and the expected opening of our exhibit at the National Museum of American Jewish Military History (NMAJMH), our committee will explore committing to the completion of a future yet-to-be–determined major project.
- Our committee will continue to obtain essays from Jewish veterans who served during Vietnam for the second edition of Jewish Americans in Military Service during Vietnam and for the interactive permanent exhibit at the NMAJMH.
- Our committee will formally turn over ownership of the Copyright for Jewish Americans in Military Service during Vietnam to the NMAJMH.
- Our committee will continue the Vietnam Veterans Night Out at the National Convention which includes outreach for attendance by local Vietnam Veterans of America leaders and with a goal of increasing participation by younger JWV members attending the National Convention.
- Our committee will continue to provide committee members and other JWV members attending our meetings with updates on changes in VA policies and services.
Vietnam Veterans Committee Leadership
From left: PNC Barry Schneider, Committee Adjutant Albert Adler and Committee Chair Robert Jacobs.