The National Awards Committee convenes each year at the Annual National Convention.
Awards submissions to the National Awards Committee will not be accepted unless all the guidelines and procedures are followed.
All awards must be brought or sent to the Convention hotel. Submissions will not be accepted at National Headquarters except as noted.
There are five categories of awards
NATIONAL AWARDS SUBMISSION GUIDELINES
- All awards submissions MUST be submitted in individual notebooks. If you are submitting multiple entries, each must be in its own notebook. Notebooks should be single, standard-sized.
- If you wish to have your awards submission placed in the archives, you may submit an ADDITIONAL electronic copy. You must still submit a notebook. Your soft copy may be submitted on a thumb drive or by email to .
- The award category name and number MUST appear in large print on the OUTSIDE cover of the awards submission notebook. (Example: #5 – Blood Donor Program Award)
- Award submissions in the form of a letter, loose papers, photographs, etc. MUST also be submitted in a notebook with the awards category name and number on the front of the submission notebook.
- Each award submission MUST contain a summary of the activity for which the award is to be judged: i.e., number of hours, persons, time and mileage required to accomplish the activity.
- Proof of activities is required, such as photographs, newspaper clippings, flyers, etc.
- Award notebooks must be submitted by the day before the National Award Committee convenes.
- JWV members who are not on the National Awards Committee are not permitted access to the room where the committee is meeting. Access to this room is off limits whether or not the committee members are present.
- All awards submissions MUST be retrieved prior to leaving the National Convention. Furthermore, the submitting echelon must designate individuals authorized to retrieve the award submissions prior to National Convention.
- Any submission remaining after noon, Saturday, August 8 will be discarded at the hotel. National Headquarters staff is not responsible for transporting, mailing, or keeping awards submissions after National Convention.