The Jewish War Veterans Foundation awards over $9,000 in grants every year to help veterans and student descendants of veterans finance their college education.
National Achievement Program
- For veterans or active duty personnel go back to school
- Four grants are awarded annually to applicants.
- The only requirement is proof of service and an honorable discharge.
National Youth Achievement Program
- For high school seniors who are direct descendants of members of the Jewish War Veterans organization.
- Applicants must be accepted by an accredited college, university, community college, or hospital school of nursing as a member of the freshman class entering in the fall of the year the student graduates.
The grant recipients are voted upon by the Achievement Committee at JWV’s Annual National Convention, which takes place at the end of August in 2017. The winners will posted on our Facebook pages after Convention, and notified in mid-September.
Due to the number of applications received, we regret that we cannot contact every applicant to let them know his/her status. Thank you for your understanding.
If you have any questions about the application process, please contact the Programs Department at 202-265-6280 or .