The Jewish War Veterans of the USA shares the core values of Junior ROTC programs, which can be found in high schools throughout the country and aspire to foster in America's youth the appreciation for the ethical values and principles that underlie good citizenship. JWV continues to live its mission – to protect veteran rights, to spread Americanism, and to promote community, and we hope that working with JROTC cadets will only enhance these values in today’s youth.
JWV's Americanism Medal for JROTC cadets can be awarded to deserving students if they meet the following requirements:
- Remain in good academic standing amongst their peers
- Maintain a leadership position in their JROTC unit, or show exemplary leadership potential within JROTC and other school activities
- Show interest in continuing on a path towards a military or public service career.
- Attend at least two Jewish War Veterans events or meetings if a Post is in the area. If time and location do not allow this, 10 community service hours can be completed instead.
To nominate a cadet for this award, please send a respectful email to Jordana Green at . This email must contain the following or the cadet will not be considered for the award.
- Cadet's name and rank
- Senior Instructor and rank
- Date of award ceremony
- Mailing address
JWV will provide one bronze medal and certificate to each program free of charge, if there is not a JWV Post nearby. If you would like to give additional cadets this award, or award the gold or silver medal, the medals must be purchased online through the JWV store. We are happy to provide additional certificates.
In the future, we will be working towards connecting schools with local Posts to foster a better relationship between JWV and the local community.
Want to get involved? Contact the JWV Programs Department to find out if there is a Post or JRTOC program near you, or start your own!