122nd Annual National Convention
August 27- September 1, 2017 in San Antonio, Texas
We are excited to announce that registration is now OPEN for our redesigned five day convention
for our first time in Texas! JWV’s 122nd annual National Convention will be held this year at the
Hilton Palacio del Rio in sunny San Antonio from August 27 – September 1, 2017.
What You Need To Know
- The rate is $155/night, so go ahead and book your flights!
- If you plan on attending convention, you must make your reservations through JWV.
- If you live within 50 miles, you do not have to stay at the hotel but we require a reservation form to secure your spot.
- You can extend your stay by three days before and/or after the convention dates with the same room rate! Rooms on these dates are first come, first served.
- Download the registration form HERE.
Points of Interest
- Our hotel is situated right on San Antonio’s famous River Walk, which stretches for 15 miles throughout the downtown area, flanked on either side by a plethora of restaurants, shops, and historical sites.
- Boat tours! Museums! So much to do, never enough time.
- Many of the eateries in the area participate in the city’s Show Us Your Badge program, which gives discounts to attendees who show their convention badges or name tags!
- A mere .3 miles from the hotel is perhaps the city’s most prominent site- the Alamo. Open daily from 9 a.m. – 8 p.m., entrance to the church and the grounds is free. Don’t miss the opportunity to see this historical mission turned military barracks!
- Vietnam Veterans Night Out is scheduled for Wednesday, August 30 at 7 pm.
Learn more about San Antonio’s history or check out this map of local businesses which participate in Show Us Your Badge near our hotel. Our hosts, the Department of TALO, also helped compile a list of tried and true sites and restaurants to visit!
Don’t forget to check back here often, or stay up to date by signing up for our newsletters- we’ll be updating this page with the convention schedule, deadlines, and other helpful materials over the course of the next few months.
See you at the Alamo!
Available for Download: