Attendees: Nelson Mellitz, Commission Chairman; Gerald Alperstein; PNC Paul Bernstein, Homeland Security Chairman; PNC Warren Dolny, Action Committee Chairman;
NJA Allen Falk; Mike London, IT Committee Chairman; NED Herb Rosenbleeth;
PNC Robert Zweiman, Coordinating Committee Chairman
Subject: Counter Terrorism Commission
- Purpose of the Commission is to establish lines of communication between committee chairmen and members and to develop a plan of action for JWV in the event of an emergency.
- Committee chairmen should speak with their committee members to find out what their skills are and how they will be able to help JWV respond to an emergency.
- Make sure you have the e-mail addresses of the members of your committee who use it, and make sure they're on National's e-mail list.
- Important to have a plan in place before the emergency occurs.
- Members of each committee need to think of how their particular area of focus will fit into JWV's emergency response. (ex: members of Hospital Committee need to know what type of facilities different hospitals have or IT Committee needs to think about how technology can be used to communicate with members)
- Every committee should hold a teleconference at least once every six weeks. Contact National HQ to schedule a time for your call.
- Commission will have the added benefit of showing potential members that JWV is in a position to respond to a terrorist attack or other disaster.
- JWV has the ability to send e-mail alerts to particular departments and committees in the event of an emergency.
- Encourage synagogues and Jewish centers in your area to appoint a liaison to your local police department and have ushers trained in emergency response.