Attendees: PNC Robert M. Zweiman, NJ, Coordinating Committee Chairman; NC Steve Zeitz, PA; Maxwell Colon, CA; PNC Warren Dolny, NY; Elliot Donn, CT; Jerry Faris, PA; PNC Sam Greenberg, PA; Alfred Herpe, CA; Joe Kraut, SE; Mike London, TALO; PNC Monroe Mayer, NY; David Rivkin, NY; PNC Norman Rosenshein, NJ; Helen Van Clief, NY
Staff: NED Herb Rosenbleeth; DOO Larry Richardson; Megan Pusecker, Greg Byrne
Subject: The Manual of Ceremonies
- The Manual of Ceremonies is the third section in the Blue Book, and is a valuable
- Part 1 sets forth rituals for meeting and installations.
- Part 2 gives information on funeral and memorial services.
- Part 3 sets forth the duties of officers and the Sabbath policy.
- The Appendix deals with flag guidelines, prayers, and the JWV song.
- A copy of the Manual of Ceremonies can be purchased from National office, or it can be downloaded directly from the JWV website (http://www.jwv.org)
- Question on Jewish Chaplains monument - National office will investigate.
- Suggestion to change the installation oath to "swear or affirm." This proposal will be considered by the NEC.
- Discussion on proper flag procedure. Please see attached document for guidelines on saluting the flag.
- Discussion on printing the Blue Book larger, the National office will continue to print the Blue Book in the large 8½" x 11" format.
- Question on security of internet and liability policy.