Attendees:NC Steve Zeitz, PA; PNC Michael Berman, NJ; Maxwell Colon, CA; PNC Sam Greenberg, PA; Ed Kranson, NV; Joe Kraut, SE; Nelson Mellitz, NJ; PNC Ira Novoselsky, MA; PNC Norman Rosenshein, NJ; PNC Larry Schulman, NY; PNC Robert Zweiman, NJ
Staff: DOO Larry Richardson; Greg Byrne
Subject: Past National Commanders - Visions of the Future of JWV
- NED Herb Rosenbleeth was unable to be on the call because he was representing the JWV at an event on Capitol Hill.
- Future of the JWV depends on getting new, younger members involved in the leadership of the organization.
- JWV needs to put together a strategic plan for the organization that it can sell to potential members.
- The leadership should draft a time frame and steps to be taken in developing the strategic plan and determine who will be involved.
- Challenge is always finding people who are willing to put forth the effort to implement a plan. We will need a core group of about ten people who will do the work of implementing the plan and selling it to the department and post leaders around the country.
- Ideas for getting new members and getting JWV's name out there:
- Get members to go to the local military bases and get involved in events.
- Invite people from the community to attend special post events.
- Work with the local news and public cable channel to highlight the work JWV does in the community.
- JWV will gain younger members through its online post and active participation on social media sites.
- There is no other organization that can fulfill JWV's important mission of advocating for veterans, soldiers, and Israel.